Dangling wire in engine and water not circulating

Felkodsläsare till Audi - Vår favorit eller se fler här.

zunairameer

Ny medlem
hi,
I am new to the forum and currently own an Audi A3 (1.6L), 8L. I have two issues and have been scratching my head to get over them. One there is a black wire with plug dangling on top right side of engine bay pictured below
20210908_130441.jpg
I have no idea where it goes, have tried taking to mechanic but after two hours of searching, he had no clue.
Secondly, there is one pipe going to the radiator on top pictured below which gets hot when engine is running

Inked20210830_154418_LI.jpg

and one pipe coming from the radiator below which is never hot. Similar to previous issue, have spent considerable amount on mechanic and the fault became worse instead of getting better after replacing thermostat. My car used to get hot when i drove on motorway but after the visit to mechanic it just simply gets hot in ten minutes.
Any suggestion, help or advice is welcome. I am an international student and spending 5k on an old beater car for a "maybe" solution is not an option

JohnnyJ

Aktiv medlem
Please elaborate "getting hot". Do you mean too hot? the water is boiling? My cars (VW and Audi) readily reaches normal temp in ten minutes.

zunairameer

Ny medlem
[QUOTE = "JohnnyJ, post: 9515, member: 4739"]
Please elaborate "getting hot". Do you mean too hot? the water is boiling? My cars (VW and Audi) readily reaches normal temp in ten minutes.
[/ QUOTE]
What I mean is, it gets to 90 and then keeps on going toward 120 until it starts blinking for hot engine light. Thermostat was changed, radiator is working and upper pipe is hot when its running while lower pipe is cold. Heater does not get any hot air, even when car says its too hot to run. I'm sorry I'm just a non car guy and can not describe it in technical terms properly I suppose

Kurtti

Super Moderator
Forumpersonal
i think you need to bleed the system,, you might have airpockets thats why the lower hose is cold. if thats not helping it can be a faulty waterpump.

Välkommen till audiforum.nu!

Som gäst kan du både posta nya trådar och svar, utan att behöva registrera dig.

Registrera Logga in

Nya trådar

Topp